The world class campus of ASTRAL Institute of Technology and Research is built on sprawling 12 acres at Bypass Road, the upcoming place of Indore. ASTRAL will set new standards for institutions of higher learning in the state. It intends to create an entity that will aspire to be best in the country.The Institute is a non-profit organization devoted to education, training, research and consultancy in the areas of Technology, Management, Governance, and Development. The Institute has associated itself with those areas of technology and other disciplines, which have a bearing on Management/ Governance / Development.
In the paradigm of lifelong education the importance of the institution has acquired further strategic dimensions. For instance, higher education development as well as the focal point of learning in society, it is also a repository and creator of knowledge. It will operate in close collaboration with reputed Engineering and other relevant institutions in India and overseas, with an emphasis on international orientation.
More over, Astral is the principal instrument for passing on the accumulated experience, cultural and scientific of humanity.
The institute is approved by ALL INDIA COUNCIL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (www.aicte.ernet.in) , New Delhi a Government of India Body, DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION (www.mptechedu.org) , Government of Madhya Pradesh and Affiliated RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA (www.rgtu.net) , BHOPAL, a University of Technology of Madhya Pradesh AND DEVI AHILYA UNIVERSITY for MBA Program.
Institute aims at serving as a bridge between theory and practice in the field of Technopreneurship.
- Supports in-house research in the areas of major concerns in entrepreneurship.
- Catalyses the process of networking researchers and institutions in the sphere of entrepreneurship.
- Encourages young researches to make use of intellectual and other resources at the Centre to make valuable contributions to the knowledge on entrepreneurship.
- Promotes collaborative research endeavors with institutions and individuals outside the Centre.
- Disseminate and share various research findings among planners, policy-makers and academicians.
- Organizes seminars, workshops, Colloquy and training.
We are a community of scholars that believe in knowledge acquisition, its transference and application as necessary actions in a diverse and inclusive environment. Our primary mission is to further the knowledge and practice of the engineering and technology profession in the state and the nation, providing the highest quality and innovative learning/teaching environment in undergraduate and graduate curricula, preparing a diverse student body to be effective, contributing members of a technological society and life-long learners.
The mission of the education society is to apply modern technology
- To create and sustain a community of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, ecological, and economic issues
- To establish a center of excellence for imparting industry related education to produce professional fully equipped with skills and managerial capabilities to accomplish the objective entrusted upon them
- To provide knowledge-based technological & managerial service to satisfy the needs of society and the industry
- To develop an institute of excellence by adopting the best teaching learning practices
- To modernize the technical educational infrastructure of Madhya Pradesh
- To provide new opportunities for women engineers in the state to receive modern education advanced technical skill training and higher education
- To establish a world class platform for creation, dissemination of knowledge in the field of Information Technology through research, pedagogy, and consultation
To be an academic institution in dynamic equilibrium with its social ecological and economic environment striving continuously for excellence in education, transforming students
in to committed technocrats, with high moral and ethical values,
research and technological service who provide
an impetus to the global economy.
- To be an institution of higher technical and research in some branches of Engineering & Management on the lines of the IIM’s & IIT’s and National Level Institute
- The advancement of knowledge through education and research, in both Pure and Applied Science, in Engineering and Management
- Service to the community and nation (which are referred to as Extension activity) through the use if their resources both intellectual and material, particularly through Continuing Education for professionals working in Industry
- Excel in all aspects of academic activity and produce high quality technical based Engineering & Management students
- Survive on specialization; work increasingly in front-line areas that transcend disciplines
- Have a perception and a value system appropriate to the pursuit of high management and high engineering science to meet the critically evaluated needs of the society in terms of products and processes using indigenous resources in close collaboration with manufacturing and service sectors
- Accept extension and public services as a third dimension in addition to education and research
Attain a stature that enables students to provide leadership with credibility. They should be the “think tanks” for higher education and research.
- Aim at preparing more of “creative engineers & managers”, “innovative thinkers” and “engineer & manager entrepreneurs”.
- Maintain and foster interactive linkages with leading technological & Management institutions and centers of research in India and abroad.
- To develop in each student mastery of fundamentals, versatility of mind, motivation for learning, intellectual discipline and self-reliance which provide the best foundation for continuing professional achievement
- To provide a liberal; as well as a professional education so that each student acquires a respect for moral values, a sense of their duties as a citizen, a feeling for taste and style, and a better human understanding
Our objectives in higher technical education are not only to promote equality and social justice, but also to provide the right kind of work ethos, professional expertise and leadership in all walks of life. Above all, our endeavor is to foster among teachers and students and through them in society generally, integral development of values inherent in physical, emotional, rational, aesthetic, ethical and spiritual education. The Institute have a grater emphasis on design oriented teaching, teaching of technical methodologies, problem – solving approach.
- Provide a unique opportunity for professional education
- Equip the students with a high level of conceptual, analytical, and descriptive abilities
- Enable the students to comprehend and understand the complex environment around them and handle their jobs effectively and completely
- Provide practical training to students so that they can have a better insight to the complexities of the business environment
- Develop high proficiency in interpersonal, social and communication skills.
- Develop better decision-making skills
- Initiate group skills and team working spirits
- Produce engineers of highest caliber who will become trendsetters in the profession
- Develop synergy with other institutions
- Exploit IT for societal development through application programmed
- Engage in application-oriented research and development activities
- Teach students how to analyze and implement practical solutions for complex interdisciplinary engineering problems
- To provide a sound academic environment to students for a complete learning experience
- To provide state-of-the-art technical infrastructure and motivate students & staff to realize they’re potential
- To promote managerial and technological skills of students and ensure their all-round development
- To promote sound education which implies the full and harmonious development of the individual according to his or her aptitude with a sense of social responsibility
- To disseminate sound ideas on education among parents, teachers, guardians and people in general
In the modern world, the effect of innovation and technological progress means that economics will increasingly demand competencies that require high-level studies.
I am delighted that courses at ASTRAL would be the next crucial step in technical and management education. I am sure that as you find out more about the college, you will appreciate just how much we have to offer you.
Leveraging the commercial and industrial activities in the surroundings region, the Institution will seek to build an innovative and productive platforms between its academic programs and industry from the area in order to harness the synergies therein most efficiently.
As a student at ASTRAL you would have more choices other than regular syllabus and also more responsibility for making decisions. In other words, the experience is rather like that of technopreneur, coupled with the values of life.
The students of each course have their own association to guide them in building their awareness through their representations in co-curriculum activities such as Seminar, Conventions, Technical Contests, Expert lectures, Industrial Visits, Industry -Institute Interaction and other Extra-Curricular Activities. The Institution has an independent Training and Placement cell with representatives from each department to take care of the student’s practical training and placements including the necessary career guidance.
Tomorrow’s Professionals are required to posses an optimal mix of knowledge and professional skills. They are also required to posses the capabilities to cope with the fast changing technologies, while at the same time exhibiting high professional competence and moral aptitude.
We hold firm belief in our ability to succeed, and we nurture an attitude of self-reliance, confidence, commitment and responsibility to the motherland that we are to serve. Such is the psychology behind developing the young and dynamic Engineer and Managerial professionals.
We are clear that it is our responsibility to help our students realize their goals in an increasingly competitive world. I hope that what I have said and what you read about the college is enough to persuade you to visit us. Have a look around and judge for yourself.
I believe you will be like the atmosphere and will wish to come to us for an excellent education and hopefully the most memorable years of your life so far.
M/S Vijayvargiya Public Educatinal Society, a registered society with the Registrar of Firms and Societies, Madhya Pradesh under the Madhya Pradesh Firms and Societies Registration Act (No. 44 of 1973) was established in MP with the main object to imparting quality education, particularly Technical & Management education to the students of MP and from the other states.
A team of highly qualified and experienced professionals having management and engineering background has promoted the society.
It is the vision of the promoters to create the Institute with appropriate facilities for development, consultancy and research work. Gifted with a rich heritage offered by illustrious visionaries, aspires to establish and share its leadership in the field of technical education that is relevant to the national needs and yet compatible with international standards, by combining conventional engineering and latest technological advances. The Society believes in promoting culture and traditions that make for a wholesome community.
Vijayvargiya Public Educational Society started by professionals with a vision to create professional institute in the state of Madhya Pradesh. This would help the state of MP to have infrastructure for professional education. The Promoting body also believes that Engineering holds the key to economic growth and substantial development of our country in the years ahead. The society has a vision to develop an institute of excellence by adopting the best teaching learning practices.
The Society will constantly strive towards this social need by inclusion and expansion of streams of academics in its institutions and further commits to match infrastructure for its effective enablement. With a vision to excel in all its activities, the Society envisions to create an atmosphere of involved learning, instill a spirit of enquiry, induce healthy challenges, encourage sustainable accomplishment and ensure enriching rewards to everyone – students, teachers and associates.
The Society’s long-term vision extending towards the year 2015 is predicated on five ambitious strands
- The creation of knowledge
- Leadership in information
- Improvement of industrial competitiveness
- Promotion of quality of life
- Enhancement of national technology
College Priorities of the Promoting Body
- Communicate needs and aspirations
- Keep educational programs current and relevant
- Retain, recruit and develop outstanding individuals
- Promote multidisciplinary research
- Align college strategic directions (educational and research) with university initiatives
Recruitment to all faculty posts is strictly based on merit by open selection through open advertisement at national level. The faculty is involved in teaching at undergraduate levels, set up laboratories and experiments, carry out R&D, seek funding for applied research from external sources and, in general, help building the Institute.
The Institute is committed to provide opportunities for professional growth of its faculty and provide very attractive cost-to company compensation package. Dedicated Resource Team is engaged in selecting candidates for Institute’s faculty both at junior and senior level.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements for the Selection of Faculty
- A working knowledge of basic Engineering institute’s procedures in all technical and managerial areas
- Some technical background in, or knowledge of, basic innovative practices
- Ability to learn within first 6 months university and technical development including institute’s policies and procedures
- Proficiency in working with computer and information management systems
- Routine understanding report formatting of the activities performed during the day the head of academics
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to meet regular deadlines with senior faculties
- Interpersonal skills to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
- Ability to solve routine technical problems
- Ability to use judgment to follow standard guidelines and vision of the institute
Willingness to learn and take direction
Consultancy Facility to the Faculty of the Institute
Institute actively encourage and support the faculty in taking up consultancy (and testing) work. Teachers actively liaise with industry to attract projects, particularly those that have elements of industrial problem solving, student involvement and educative value.
There is no limit on the quantum of consultancy work a teacher can take up or the remuneration he/she can earn, so long as this is done with the concurrence of the Competent Authority and without prejudice to the other duties and responsibilities of the teacher or to the interest of the institution and the students. While working out the fees/ charges for carrying out the consultancy project, suitable methods estimation would be used. These would include either.
Fixing a percentage of the total cost of the project, as in the case of Architectural projects, Structural Engineering design projects, etc.
Estimates worked out on the basis of required man-hour input at different levels and expenditure to be incurred on purchase of materials, use of outside labour, use of outside consultants, computer charges, etc. Suitable charges for overheads up to 15% would be added to the cost estimates as above, to cover indirect costs such as use of electricity, building space, stationery, etc. This amount would go to the revenue account of the institution.
- Benchmarking of syllabus with that of leading national and international institutions to find the gaps and taking appropriate corrective measures
- Compulsory Orientation Program for newly recruited faculty members conducted by senior faculty members and outside experts
- Involvement of students in faculty recruitment process by way of judging communication abilities of potential faculty members in a lecture delivered at the time of recruitment
The institute would expect the employees to follow the following principles
- Subscribe to the highest standards of integrity and conduct
- Be responsible and ethical in all institutional activities
- Not engaging in conduct of involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit or misrepresentation or discrimination
- Conduct faculty analysis primarily in subject areas for which they are qualified, and shall encourage and recognize the participation of other professionals in subject areas where they are less experienced
- Assist in maintaining the integrity and competence of the profession
- Accurately and adequately conduct reviews and not base decisions on the logical or religious beliefs, political pressure, or client or supervisor pressure
- Practice professional behavior that is free from sexual harassment or discrimination with respect to religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, national origin, age, or physical restrictions
- Refrain from attempting to injure the reputation of the institute and other educator through the use of false, biased or otherwise undocumented claims
Institute will be grooming students to become technical and business leaders who can influence management and technical trends and practices through their thought leadership. Our students would be a part of a learning culture where individual vision, intellectual discipline, and a sense of teamwork are valued.
The Institute will aspire to create synergies between India, Asia, and the global business and technical environment.
We will offer unique perspectives on emerging markets, especially on India and China, which are key markets for many of the world’s leading corporations. Curriculum would shares best practices on how to combine technology and entrepreneurship, and capitalizes on the opportunities of the global economy.
The Institute’s programmes bring a cutting-edge focus on entrepreneurship, technology, managing the emerging markets, and leadership and technology change in all areas of tremendous relevance. Our programmes focus on some of the most relevant technical issues that corporations face the world over. The involvement of technical people in curriculum development would give learning at the institute a pragmatic approach with a clear technology focus. Our focus area will be :
- Unique Partnership : With the worlds leading Technology Institute’s and Business schools
- Innovative Pedagogy : Incorporating the latest in global management & Technology practice and thinking into the Institute academic programmes
- Excellent Faculty : Drawn from the top Management & Technology Institute across the country. We will follow a portfolio faculty model that aims to achieve an ideal mix of in-house and visiting faculty, giving students the benefit of international exposure while providing content that is contemporary and global in its perspective
- Centres of Excellence : The Centres would be set up with the aim of promoting research and thought leadership
The Institute is affiliated to the RGPV University for Engineering Courses and DAVV University for MBA Course, Corporate, Industries, Government bodies, Foreign institute, & Management association which relate to research work undertaken by individual student, faculty or specific research groups in each academic department. About University RGPV is committed to excel the state in the area of Technical Education and Research.
The University has planned to setup UTDs, in the area of Information Science & Technology, Energy and Environment Management, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
A University department of Entrepreneurship and Management Development is also being setup to provide a formidable support to the development of technoprenuers in the state. The University is also in the process of setting up a Center of Excellence in Information Technology to strengthen technology development and R & D in frontline areas for the IT industries. Students of engineering and management upon completion of their nationally accredited Degree will receive Bachelor of Engineering.
Teaching includes the theoretical studies as well as experimental areas and the resources and facilities available in the different laboratories. Industrial Consultancy is provided for faculty, students, and staff of the institute to undertake specific assignments for the Industry, which may include technical, management consultancy, project design, testing and evaluation or even training as a part of curriculum. DAVV As the state’s largest, most comprehensive and diversified educational institution, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya sets the pace for educational excellence and creates a climate for intellectual and cultural development both within and outside the state of Madhya Pradesh.
It has been declared a Model University and a Center of Excellence. DAVV also has the honour of being accredited with Four Star status by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (N.A.A.C.), Bangalore. It is also a member of Association of Common Wealth Universities. Ranked among the Nation’s top universities, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya offers a host of courses in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Computer, Law, Science, Management, Economics et all. The University imparts education in advanced research areas such as Biotechnology, Laser Technology, Energy Sciences and Future Studies and Planning. The goal is primarily gaining and furthering knowledge, not practical application.
Students of these universities are largely free to determine their course of study themselves. One of the major areas of focus of the Universities is to significantly improve the quality of Technical Education in Professional institutes. The University has focused its attention on a five point agenda, which includes: Curriculum Innovation and Examination Reforms; Strategic framework for Synergetic Partnership with the Industries; National and Global Networking; Faculty Development; Quality and Productivity audit of all the services offered including the quality of teaching and research.
RGPV is committed to excel the state in the area of Technical Education and Research. The University has planned to setup UTDs, in the area of Information Science & Technology, Energy and Environment Management, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences. A University department of Entrepreneurship and Management Development is also being setup to provide a formidable support to the development of technoprenuers in the state. The University is also in the process of setting up a Center of Excellence in Information Technology to strengthen technology development and R & D in frontline areas for the IT industries.
Students of engineering and management upon completion of their nationally accredited Degree will receive Bachelor of Engineering. Teaching includes the theoretical studies as well as experimental areas and the resources and facilities available in the different laboratories. Industrial Consultancy is provided for faculty, students, and staff of the institute to undertake specific assignments for the Industry, which may include technical, management consultancy, project design, testing and evaluation or even training as a part of curriculum.